2.28.2011

Coconut Chicken Soup

Doesn't this just sound so good?! I found this recipe in a book that makes me feel like I really CAN eat the way God intended me to... Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon.

Now, I have yet to make this soup – but I'm going to the first chance I get! (If you try it before I do – let me know what you think...)

Coconut Chicken Soup

1 qt chicken stock
1½ c. whole coconut milk
¼ tsp. dried chile flakes
1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
juice of one lemon
sea salt or fish sauce (more later on fish sauce)
several green onions, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro

Bring the stock to a boil, skim any foam that rises to the top and add coconut milk, lemon juice, chile flakes and ginger. Simmer for about 15 minutes, Season to taste with salt or fish sauce. Ladle into soup bowls or mugs and garnish with onions and cilantro.

Serves 4

No comments: