10.19.2009

Moving Forward

So it's time to move on with my life... most literally. Ayla and I need to get out of Moscow. Forget some things. Meet new people. Find a change of scenery. Figure out what we're doing. Dig in the dirt. You get the idea.
We both want to live slightly out of town, or at the very least in a place with a large yard. I want to try having a mini "farm". You know - a garden, chickens, fruit trees... Ayla is a great roommate and told me that was fine as long as she doesn't have to do anything with the chickens! We have to live someplace big enough that Ayla can find a busy spa, or a Clinique counter at some Macy's. And I want a bread bakery... I want to use my newly found skills with dough.

There's this person that keeps popping into my head and I need to go someplace where everything that I do doesn't remind me of him.

My mom has inspired me to move toward the west side of Washington State. Incidentally that is also closer to her... She has been feeding me information about something called - Respit Care, for foster kids/parents. It sounds like a great way to make some extra money, minister to families, work with kids, and join my family in their newest adoption plan.
Another reason that moving over there would be a good idea is just the fact that we could be close to the ocean. I mean - if we wanted to we could have a little boat and go crabbing... we could dig for clams year round... we could harvest mussels... we could smell that salty fresh air whenever we wanted to... talk about awesome!

There's a lot that has to happen before we can move and that means it'll probably be sometime in the spring. I'm not sure if that's soon enough for us - we may be slightly kookoo by then, but that'll give us time to plan and such. It will also give me time to enjoy Carrie and Eddie's baby, as well as a short time to enjoy Jon and Lindsey's baby! (By the way - Carrie is due next week and Jon and Lindsey are finding out what they're having next week! Exciting Exciting!)

Changes are coming and we are all moving forward with our lives...

No comments: