4.15.2011

Meal #8 - Last one...

Meal number eight - Friday dinner

For dinner tonight I just thickened up last nights beef stew by throwing in a couple of handfuls of flour as I reheated it. Then I made some easy cheddar biscuits that I baked in a dutch oven on top of my beef "stew" - to create an instant... Beef Pot-Pie!


For the biscuits just mix together:
2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
Cut in:
1/3 c butter
1/2 c grated cheddar
Pour in:
1/3 c milk
Mix together until just blended.
I pretty much just tore pieces of dough off and flattened them into biscuit shapes that mostly fit together to cover the pot-pie. Then I baked the whole thing in the oven at 400 for about half an hour. Everyone loved this impromptu pot-pie!

This ends "the challenge". My dad is home now so he and Rosie will be taking care of feeding the kids tomorrow! Rosie has plans for breakfast that involve using up a bunch of frozen berries and some spinach...

Keep an eye out for my next "mini series" - Why Fat IS Good For You!

No comments: